HTML5 Banner Templates with GSAP

I’ve noticed a lot of people are having trouble integrating GSAP and the platform specific code for each ad platform together in a polite loading manner. Below are some HTML5 banner templates with GSAP, they’re pretty basic and in no way professionally designed. I’ve included a loading wheel while we politely wait for the page to finish loading before we load up the additional CSS and JS to run the banner. I made 3 flavours, DCM, DoubleClick Studio (DCRM), and Sizmek. I’d like to create a Grunt/Gulp task manager to simplify the process of translating code, so a command such…

HTML5 is here to stay.

Polite loading GSAP into a DoubleClick banner

The end is nigh! Well, for Flash banners it is, DoubleClick now has a big fat notice at the top of their Studio console alerting those who haven’t been keeping up that Chrome will be setting its new Plugin Power Saver feature on as default, and along with that they’ve put up a little banner that they’ve whipped up in Google Web Designer. So as a starting point for this banner, I headed over to DC’s template database and found a 300×250 polite loading banner. And this is pretty much what DC provide as a template, and I could just…

Customisable shoes Flash app

Right, so I’ve been asked to create a website which will include a Flash based app that will allow users to customise a pair of shoes and then order them to their spec! The way I’ve gone about this is to come up with an XML schema that will hold all details of all the variations possible. I’ve going to make a simple version of this Flash app using a vectorised sneaker. Now the sneaker has 7 components: Sole Welt (the part that holds the sole to the upper) Upper 1 Upper 2 Tongue (for this example this also includes…

Creating a test server of an existing Magento site

Step 1: Create a duplicate database, so changes made will not affect data on the main production site. As well as duplicating the main folder of the production site. Step 2: Edit the duplicate database, in table: magento_core_config_data Changing “web/unsecure/base_url” and “web/secure/base_url” so they reference the new location of the test “server / folder”. Step 3: Within the local.xml found: app/etc/local.xml Change the following to the new information: <username><![CDATA[magento_username]]></username> <password><![CDATA[magento_password]]></password> <dbname><![CDATA[magento_db]]></dbname> Voila!